Ep010: Andrea Ranae On Coaching As Activism
In this episode, I speak with vision-led coach and facilitator, Andréa Ranae.
Andréa is someone whom I respect deeply and whose work in social justice, personal growth and conscious business I have been following for quite a while.
Andréa works with entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations that want to be more inclusive and impactful in their work do so through their approach to leadership, their brand and their company culture.
Andréa is also the creator of Coaching As Activism, a course that I have recently joined to deepen my own knowledge on how I can use my spiritual business to create change not just for us as individuals, but also for us as an intersectional collective. This is exactly what we speak on in this episode.
in this episode, andrea & i explore:
- Speaking your personal truth while navigating power dynamics
- Projecting your own power on to others
- Dismantling and healing from white supremacy as black women
- The Messiah Complex/Saviourism (the myth that One Person will save us all) in social activism
- Why the self help industry is not changing the world
- Shifting your activism from the individual to the system, culture, and institution changes
- Connecting with individuals and moving together to heal from toxic programming
- How lack of representation connects to the idea that "I am not enough"
- How every aspect of life is performative and how we can step in fully as ourselves
- How collective movements (like Black Lives Matter) heal individuals
- Intention versus impact and how we must still hold ourselves and others accountable
I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as we did. Click the play button below to listen in now.
Love this podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and leave a rating & review.
About Andréa Ranae
Andréa Ranae is deeply committed to doing her part to cultivate a world that works for everyone. Her work sits at the intersections of personal growth, social justice and conscious business. As the creator of Coaching as Activism, she supports people doing transformative work to deepen their impact by taking a critical look at how their work and lives are connected to social change. As the co-founder of Whole / Self Liberation, she offers and uplifts practical tools, resources and wisdom for those who want to make change happen in their lives and communities.
Connect with Andréa at: